I’m almost certain that many of you thought I had gone slightly nuts when I posted this on Instagram. Who on earth would put banana and Nutella in an omelette? What kind of banana-Nutella sacrilege is that?! Well. I’m just that kind of person.
If you’ve never tried a sweet omelette, then I encourage you to do so – as soon as possible. If you can’t handle savoury in a morning, but you also don’t like super-heavy breakfasts, then they’re right up your alley. Sweet omelettes are mentioned in all of the below posts:
Today though we’re turning our attention to that classic banana-Nutella combo (PSST! If you want more banana and Nutella, then check out my healthy pancakes!). Though I used the Jim Jam’s chocolate – hazelnut spread as a slightly healthier alternative. This is my favourite sweet omelette so far. The “Nutella” melts, the banana melts, the vanilla and cinnamon taste amazing with the chocolate and hazlenut- and a cheeky drizzle of maple syrup doesn’t go amiss either…
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large extra ripe banana, sliced
- 1.5tbsp Nutella, or equivalent- I love the Jim Jam’s hazelnut spread
- Pinch of cinnamon, to taste
- Pinch of salt, to taste
- 1/2tsp vanilla essence
- Maple syrup, to taste
- In a mug whisk together the eggs, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla.
- Place a pan over a medium-high heat, and spray with cooking spray. Once the pan is hot pour the egg mixture in. Turn the heat down to medium, and proceed to make an omelette as you usually would, swirling the egg mixture around the pan.
- When the omelette is almost completely cooked, dollop half of the Nutella along one half of the omelette, and add in half of the banana. Allow the egg to finish cooking, folding the omelette and transferring to a plate.
- Spread, drizzle, or dollop the remaining Nutella on top of the omelette, along with the rest of the banana. Add a drizzle of maple syrup if desired, maybe some raspberries, perhaps a side of toast- and dig in.