There shall be no prizes for guessing my favourite breakfast, having looked through this blog. Obviously, it has to be porridge. However, I tend to stick to the same formula of pear, nut butter, berries- because it’s easy, quick, and like a reflex action on a busy morning. Today though, after seeing the café in the gym I’m using while visiting home put banana and chocolate chips on porridge, I stepped it up a notch.
This is by no means a really complex or ground-breaking recipe, just a quick post on a combination of porridge toppers you may want to try out…
- 1/2 cup porridge oats, combined in a small pan with 1/2 cup freshly boiled water, a pinch of cinnamon, and 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 super-ripe banana, sliced
- 1 handful frozen raspberries
- 1tbsp almond butter
- 1 small handful dark chocolate chips, or chocolate of choice (I used two of the Discover mini gianduiotto, chopped up into pieces- they taste like Nutella and worked great here)
- Heat all of the ingredients that you’ve already placed into the pan, stirring, until the porridge thickens to the consistency of your liking. Empty into a bowl.
- Top with the chocolate chips immediately so that they begin to melt, then add on the rest of the toppings.
- Voila! You’re all done…