I don’t trust people who don’t like peanut butter. I’ll put that out there now.
Yet, for a good while, I had never had a PB & J sandwich. Banana, PB and cinnamon with a little bit of honey was THE way to go.
And though I plan on making a fudge featuring these flavours, I thought that PB & J would be a good place to start, because it seems to be a firm favourite with everyone on IG.
So, for today we’re making and eating some PB & J cups- they have a texture somewhere close to fudge, but more melt-in-the-mouth. And they only take a couple of minutes prep, plus 30 minutes in the freezer…
Ingredients (makes 8-10)
- ½ cup peanut butter, I used Proper Nutty’s Smunchy Peanut Butter
- 1tsp agave nectar
- 2tbsp strawberry (or raspberry) jam
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- Into a small saucepan place your PB, agave, coconut oil, and 1tbsp of the jam. Bring up to a low heat, and slowly melt everything together.
- Once everything is combined, and smooth other than the peanut chunks, portion out between 8-10 silicone muffin cases (I went for 9 cups, and into each case added 1.5 tbsp of mixture. Just to give you some idea).
- Stir the remaining jam to loosen it up, and then place a small blob into the centre of each cup. Use a cocktail stick to swirl the jam into the peanut mixture.
- Place into the freezer for 30 minutes, and then turn out of the cases, and store in the fridge for up to three days. If you can make them last that long.