Its fig time of year! As you may have already guessed from my seasonal salad (right here ), this is fine by me. Because figs are delicious. This recipe is a lot less labour intensive than the seasonal salad, but just as yummy. Have fun adding some figs to your breakfasts guys, and let me know any other fig recipes you love in the comments…
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup each almond milk, and hot water (just boiled)
- 1.5tbsp cacao
- 2 figs
- 1 handful frozen raspberries
- Cinnamon, to taste
- Into a pan over a medium heat place your oats, cinnamon, cacao, almond milk, and hot water. Bring up to a boil and stir to ensure everything is combined.
- Lower the heat to a simmer, and allow to thicken slightly.
- Chop the figs and throw in the chunks, along with the handful of raspberries. Fold through the porridge.
- Leave over the heat to thicken, stirring occasionally. At this point, if you like it a little sweeter, then add in honey or maple syrup to taste.
- Dig in!