You might remember my cheat’s chocolate orange mousse from a few months back (recipe right here: http://ecstaticallyem.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/cheats-chocolate-orange-mousse.html )- and if you liked that then you may want to give this one a try. As with the dark chocolate and orange version, this is incredibly easy. There are just three cheap ingredients, under 10 minutes prep, and then a whole lot of enjoyment when you’ve chilled it for a little while.
This isn’t the healthiest dessert in the world, and not something I would eat every day- but it’s fantastic as the occasional treat. One word of warning on the white chocolate: don’t buy milkybar. This is way too sweet, and as white chocolate is fairly sickly anyway, it simply doesn’t taste the best. I used Asda own brand white chocolate and mascarpone here, and they work wonderfully…
- 150g white chocolate
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- Small handful frozen raspberries
- Break the chocolate into chunks and place into a microwavable bowl: microwave on full power until just melted (be careful it doesn’t burn).
- Whilst the chocolate is melting, place the mascarpone into another, larger, bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Once smooth pour the white chocolate into the mascarpone and beat thoroughly and briskly, until well incorporated.
- Once the chocolate and the mascarpone are mixed together, throw in the raspberries. It sounds odd, but crumble these in. As they’re frozen, they will easily break into tiny little pieces. Fold them through the mixture.
- Share the mixture between four ramekins, and chill for at least 10 hours. When ready to serve, top with a few more crumbled frozen raspberries, and- if you like- whipped cream…