So we all know that pineapple and coconut go together- but if pina coladas aren’t your jam for breakfast, or you just fancy mixing up your nuts, then this smoothie could be for you. Its a light breakfast or snack (or maybe even dessert) option for those hot summer days. I can’t wait to be sipping this outside on a warm morning with a book.
If you want to make this more filling then throw in 1/4cup porridge oats- you’ll also get a lovely dose of fibre and low GI carbs- and if it’s post gym feel free to chuck in some protein powder (my own recommendation is 2tbsp of the Pulsin Pea Protein).
All that being said, on to the recipe…
- 150ml plant based milk (I went with plant based as I didn’t want this to be too creamy- almond or coconut rice milk work well)
- 1/2 large can of pineapple, chilled overnight or-even better- semi frozen (this is approx. 125g)
- 1 large banana, sliced and frozen
- 1tbsp macadamia nut butter (I used Meridian)
- Ice, 4-5 cubes
- Dash of each: cinnamon, ginger
- Whack everything but the ice into the blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass, and sip away…