Today I have such an easy recipe for you all: it’s barely two steps to a delicious dessert, snack, or even breakfast. Depending on how many berries you add (80g is one of your five a day), this could count as two portions of fruit. I went with just a handful though, as this does give the best texture- and you still get one of your five from the banana.
You can, of course, blend the macadamia butter into the nice-cream- but I love it as a sauce. The consistency of the nut butter means you don’t need to add anything to it to achieve the perfect pouring texture. Adding this as a sauce also means that you get some protein in one top of that fruit. If you have a real sweet tooth (this is pretty sweet already), then add in a smidgen of maple syrup or honey…
Ingredients (for one)
- 1 large banana, sliced and frozen for 8 hours minimum
- 1 small handful mixed frozen raspberries and blueberries
- 1-2tbsp almond milk
- 1tbsp macadamia nut butter ( I use Meridian)
- Throw the banana, the berries, and the almond milk in to a food processor, and blend until smooth. Scoop it out and dollop into a bowl.
- Drizzle with the macadamia butter- and you’re done!