Today I have for you a simple breakfast alternative to plain old overnight oats or porridge (which are both brilliant, but sometimes it’s good to shake it up a little). This recipe is vegetarian and vegan suitable, and should also satisfy your inner peanut butter monster (because I know I have one that needs to be fed daily)…
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4tsp cinnamon
- 2tsp cacao or cocoa
- 1 medium banana
- 1tbsp peanut butter
- In a large bowl mix everything but the banana and peanut butter together.
- Mash 1/2 of your banana until smooth, and throw it into the bowl along with the ingredients you have already mixed.
- Pop your peanut butter into a microwavable bowl, and heat until melted (approx. 10 seconds). This will make it easier to mix into your chia pudding- which is what you’ll be doing now.
- Take some of your remaining banana, and chop it into chunks, then fold it into your pudding.
- Pour the mixture into a glass, and top with the last bit of banana, and a little more peanut butter if desired, before chilling in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning simply lift it out, grab a spoon, and enjoy…