Halloween is pretty much upon us now, and so I have what could possibly be the final pumpkin recipe of the season (!!). This is a great quick and easy dessert, providing two of your ‘5 a day’, and some serious visuals with its bright orange hue. I love brambles on top as the contrast is so striking, and it’s very Halloween appropriate- but feel free to skip these, sub in other berries, or even just throw on super chocolate (to keep it healthy use a couple of chunks of a super dark variety- 75% and up). Now all that remains is to grab your blender and go physco on some poor innocent banana and pumpkin…
- 1 banana, sliced up and frozen overnight
- 100g canned pumpkin puree (I used Libby’s 100% pumpkin puree)
- Cinnamon and ginger to taste
- OPTIONAL : 1tsp honey or agave
- Into a food processor or blender throw the banana and the pumpkin, pulse until nearly smooth and well mixed.
- Throw in the spices and blend until completely smooth, but still thick and creamy in texture
- Scoop into a bowl, and top with brambles for a classic Halloween colour combination…