Let’s be honest: however delicious a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte sounds, it’s not something you want to be drinking every day. I nievely thought that it might be made with actual pumpkin until I looked it up- and I hate to break it to you, but it’s all syrup. And that coconut milk they’ve just introduced? Turns out it may not be like good old Alpro- but I’m still waiting for confirmation on that one. Do keep your eyes peeled on my IG and over here for when they email me back with the ingredients list…
So, here I have an iced, healthy version of that autumnal drink for you. Ready in minutes, and filling enough to be breakfast when you’re in a rush. Two of your 5 a day are provided by this drink as well. Starbucks, eat your heart out.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (I used Libby’s 100% pumpkin- Tesco’s sell it now)
- 1/4tsp each ginger and cinnamon
- Small pinch of nutmeg- tiny guys, I mean it!
- 200ml plant based milk (I used Alpro coconut)
- 1/4cup cold water
- 2tsp instant coffee
- 1 small banana, sliced up and frozen overnight
- 50g Greek yoghurt
- OPTIONAL: 1-2tsp honey or agave, if you like your coffee with sugar usually
- Basically, throw everything into the blender. And blend. If your blender is a bit rubbish like mine, then be sure to pulse it at first, before blending for longer periods of time, to achieve the smoothest consistency.