I’ll keep this brief, as I assume caffeine is probably needed, and I’m not a fan of long intros getting the way of the recipe. Enjoy getting your caffeine fix with this super simple snack…
- 4 crispbreads (I used Ryvita dark rye)
- 3 dates
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1 tbsp. chosen milk
- 2tbsp instant coffee (decaf or regular) + 1tsp
- 2tbsp hot water
- 1tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a small bowl pour the milk and coffee (made using the 2tbsp granules, and the hot water) over the dates and sultanas. Place into the fridge overnight to soak.
- In a food processor break up the crispbreads until they resemble bread crumbs. Add in the soaked dates and sultanas, along with any unabsorbed liquid. Also add in the cocoa, and 1tsp coffee granules. Pulse the food processor until the mixture is of a roll-able consistency, and well combined.
- Dust a plate with some more cocoa, and roll the mixture into 12 equal balls (each being 2tsp), and then into the cocoa.
- Chill in the fridge until needed.