Some mornings I decide to try and have a more protein rich breakfast, compared to my usual porridge- because I like to keep things fresh.
This quick and easy breakfast came out at around 30g protein per serving, so a great filling and protein proving start to the day. It’s also super easy to make, especially if you’re lucky enough to have a poaching pan at your disposal. But if poaching an egg will take a little too much time for you today, then simply scramble it using the microwave…
- 1 slice wholemeal seeded bread, or sourdough – that’s my personal favourite
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 medium-large egg
- 100g canned tuna
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL: Fresh basil
- Boil some water and poach your egg (I poached mine for about 5 minutes using a poaching pan), as it’s much less messy, and my poaching skills are about as on fleek as my eyeliner.
- Under the grill toast the bread, flipping over once one side is browned.
- In a dish mash the avocado, and then add in the tuna and stir together.
- Top the toast with the tuna and avocado mix, then the sliced tomato, the poached egg, and finally a dash of salt and black pepper…