An ice cold smoothie is one of my favourite ways to start the day- although lets be honest, porridge always comes top. But less of porridge in this post: I have a gorgeously sweet and nutty recipe for you, perfect if you’re a smoothie lover sick of berries and green plants being shoved into your blender.
I recently purchased Meridian’s cashew butter, feeling as if I should possibly branch out from my beloved peanut butter, and was struck by just how sweet it was- and not in a bad way. I personally think of nut butters as tasting pretty savoury, but now that I’ve expanded my nut butter collection I can see that I was wrong. Cashew butter is like the dessert of the nut butter world. It also works very well with coconut, as you are about to find out…
- 1 very ripe banana, sliced into coins and frozen over night
- 1tbsp cashew butter (I use Meridian)
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 200ml Alpro coconut milk
- Throw the banana into the blender and blitz until the coins are broken up.
- Now add in the coconut milk, and the pinch of cinnamon, then blend again until smooth.
- Finally add in the cashew butter and blend for the final time, until everything is sufficiently blended together, creamy, and bursting with healthy goodness- enjoy!